Reviews
Press
Books
Extras
Fan Art
Contact

Novels

Beyondest
Túlontúl [Beyondest] is a standalone novel, independent of the Boriverse books, focusing on how the existence of Fairyland depends on the world of people. I meant to write a modern fairy tale, in which magical Hungary is located in the fantastic dimension of historical Hungary: between Csallóköz (now Southwestern Slovakia), named as Golden Garden in Hungarian fairy lore; and Transylvania, often referred to as Fairy Garden by Hungarians. The story reflects my ultimate belief that our world is capable of breaking the Devil's curse and recreating the unity of a lost harmony. In Beyondest you may find drama, humor, fairy tale motifs, some love-centered conflicts, Hungarian fairies, hobgoblins, changelings, as well as a strangely behaving traveling book — all of which work to revitalize a magical world.

Sample reading (Hungarian)

Muse of the Vampires
Vámpírok múzsája [Muse of the Vampires] is the first volume of the Borbála Borbíró series. Bori, the Hungarian vampirologist finds herself jobless, but soon receives an offer from a mysterious man who wears suit and boots and thinks that people generally overrate politeness. As it turns out, Attila Sebes works for the Hungarian Secret Service, and expects Bori to work with the IQ vampires, who have made themselves indispensable for the effective governmental work but, surprisingly, have been neglecting their duties lately. In this novel you may learn about the basic components of this strange fantasy world: you will find out about the differences between the IQ vampires and their less intelligent fellows, the role of a vampire muse, the operation method of the Supernatural Cases Department of the Hungarian Secret Service, and the importance of airal moves around Bori's boss, who, interestingly, prefers drinking milk to drinking palinka.

Book trailer (Hungarian)

Cursed Misfortune
Átkozott balszerencse [Cursed Misfortune] reveals how a muse's sigle kiss may upset one's life completely. In this volume, Bori has to make a closer aquiantance with the master of the IQ vamires, White Raven, as well as some of his werebears, and members of the Hajós dynasty, the most prominent wizard family in Hungary. Bori fights against a curse that seems to effect her badly: she soon has to realize that she has been punished for not only her past, but even her future deeds.

Nightmare
Lidércnyomás [Nightmare] wishes to surprise you in a number of ways: I made my characters cross the ocean to see what they can accomplish in an American environment—and to see what a “vampire novel” may be like when most of its magical characters are occupied with shape lifting instead of blood sucking. Most of the action is now set at the Bowman residence in the American wilderness, far from Budapest, Hungary. Further novelties include a lycanthrope beauty contest, a bunch of nightmares, and, of course, the brass cocked owl known from Hungarian folklore. No wonder that the important question of what to substitute raspberry palinka with for stress management purposes is not Bori's number one preoccupation...

Flame-Touched Inheritance
Lángmarta örökség [Flame-Touched Inheritance] is a working title, but I will probably keep it. My characters will walk again in the streets of Hungary—until they realize how far they need to travel in order to claim Bori's inheritance. Bori and Attila need to face the fact that it is not miles magicians measure distance in, and that there exists a kind of inheritance that is not worth risking one's life for. Of course, what simple humans desire are often overruled by vampires and witches. Bori must cope with a situation that has been shaped by her family history, including a strange vampire and Aunt Agnes, who was once burned at the stake in Transylvania...

Attila's Coffin
Attila's Coffin, despite the grave sounding title, is a real Christmas story. In the fifth volume of the Borbála Borbíró series, the world is preparing for celebrating the birth of Christ, while Bori is angry about another birth to come, and tries to prevent Attila's death. For this, all she needs to do is find Attila the Hun's coffin, recruit a team the like of which the world has never seen, and gather enough power to fight the most ferocious fairy on earth. Of course, this is kind of hard to accomplish when a new boss tries to turn your life into hell...

Short stories

An Alien Heart
2020 has been a year of hardships, all it lacked was an alien invasion. „An Alien Heart,” my 2020 Christmas gift for my readers, makes up for this lack: this dystopian Christmas story has a colonizing alien and some gingerbread baking. (And palinka, of course – as the future has some challanges that one must learn to cope with....)

PDF     ePUB     MOBI

(Hungarian)

Demonic Comedy
„Démoni színjáték” [“Demonic Comedy”] is the prequel to the Borbála Borbíró novel series. If you are interested in this alternative Hungarian vampire world, read the story, get acquainted with Bori the vampirologist and the elite of the Budapest vampire society.

All for One!
„Mindenki egyért!” [“All for One!”] does not belong to the Boriverse. It is a postapocalyptic shape lifter story à la Gaura: a western fantasy with werewolves, priests and dynamite.

Human Word
Emberi szó” [Human Word”] is a very short story on the power of censorship, with unusual formatting and the unusual motif of vampires.

Read (Hungarian)

Inhumane Goodness – Boriverse and other stories
Having written several novels, I am happy to have the opportunity to show how I see the world as a short story writer, too. In Inhumane Goodness, you may meet magical creatures (vampires, shape shifters, elves), you may see into the depth of the hellish dimension of the former Moscow square, and may have a brief excursion to the space of science fiction, too. Naturally, I devoted a separate chapter to stories that take place in the Boriverse to thank all the positive responses that I daily receive from my reading audience.

Creative Commons License